I was reading some inspirational love quotes last night and I started to ask myself, What is love?
If you think about love for a second, then you will find that it’s kinda hard to describe it. In fact, in many ways, it’s easier to describe love as a feeling, a desire, or a memory.
If you gaze at your loved ones, then you will begin to wonder how lucky you are to have found them. Because of that, You will imagine the years to come and the adventure that you just started with the feeling of wonder, peace, and being fulfilled in life.
You want to scream it out-loud so the world would know it, but you know that it would still not compare how it really feels. Honestly, expressing that feeling like that can easily be misinterpreted because of how complicated love really is.
Because of that, I put together these 17 inspirational love quotes about being ‘in love’ and loving yourself.
Beautiful Inspirational Love Quotes
1. Steve Maraboli Quote on the Depth of Love
“There are not enough days in forever to allow me to fully express the depth of my love for you.” – Steve Maraboli
2. “Love is like a beautiful flower which I may not touch, but whose fragrance makes the garden a place of delight just the same.” – Helen Keller
3. Crystal Woods Quote on the Love Inside
“Even before we met and long after we’re both gone, my heart lives inside of yours. I’m forever and ever in love with you.” – Crystal Woods
4. “Love feels no burden, thinks nothing of trouble, attempts what is above its strength, pleads no excuse of impossibility; for it thinks all things lawful for itself, and all things possible.” – Thomas à Kempis
5. Henry David Thoreau Quote on the Remedy of Love
“There is no remedy for love but to love more.” – Henry David Thoreau
6. “Love is the crowning grace of humanity, the holiest right of the soul, the golden link which binds us to duty and truth, the redeeming principle that chiefly reconciles the heart to life, and is prophetic of eternal good.” – Petrarch
Check Out: How to Love Yourself – Ram Dass
I was going through some more inspirational love quotes when I came across this powerful Ram Dass video on how to love yourself. Also, he goes into the importance of accepting ourselves for who we are.
7. Oscar Wilde Quote on Keeping Love in the Heart
“Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead.” – Oscar Wilde
8. “Love is always bestowed as a gift – freely, willingly and without expectation. We don’t love to be loved; we love to love.” – Leo Buscaglia
9. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe Quote on Cultivating Love
“Love does not dominate; it cultivates.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
10. “Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation..” – Rabindranath Tagore
11. Robert Frost Quote on the Irresistibly of Love
“Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired.” – Robert Frost
12. “Those who have never known the deep intimacy and the intense companionship of mutual love have missed the best thing that life has to give.” – Bertrand Russell
13. Bruce Lee Quote on Love and Friendship
“Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable.” – Bruce Lee
14. “Love is a force more formidable than any other. It is invisible – it cannot be seen or measured, yet it is powerful enough to transform you in a moment, and offer you more joy than any material possession could.” – Dr. Barbara De Angelis
15. Joseph Campbell Quote on the Music in Love
“Love is a friendship set to music.” – Joseph Campbell
16. “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” – Lucille Ball
17. John Galsworthy Quote on the Limits of Love
“Love has no age, no limit; and no death.” – John Galsworthy
Follow Us on Pinterest and Help Us Grow!
Table Of Contents
- Steve Maraboli Quote on the Depth of Love
- Crystal Woods Quote on the Love Inside
- Henry David Thoreau Quote on the Remedy of Love
- YouTube Video: How to Love Yourself – Ram Dass
- Oscar Wilde Quote on Keeping Love in the Heart
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe Quote on Cultivating Love
- Robert Frost Quote on the Irresistibly of Love
- Bruce Lee Quote on Love and Friendship
- Joseph Campbell Quote on the Music in Love
- John Galsworthy Quote on the Limits of Love