I enjoy reading and sometimes I come across some incredible potent quotes. As a matter of fact, sometimes I spend a couple hours reading quotes to help me get motivated!
The best part of ‘quotes’ is that it doesn’t matter what feeling you’re having, you can always find the perfect quote for your mood.
Personally, I am a huge fan of philosophy and philosophers like Alan Watts. Philosophy always get me thinking and it makes me question what’s really going on in the universe.
Because of that, I put together these 17 potent quotes to change your perspective so you can get your brain juices flowing!
Enjoy These Potent Quotes from Writers and Philosophers!
1. Fyodor Dostoyevsky Quote on Darkness
“The darker the night, the brighter the stars.” – Fyodor Dostoyevsky
2. “There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” – Søren Kierkegaard
3. Seneca Quote on Suffer
“We suffer more often in imagination than in reality.” – Seneca
4. “People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little.” – Jean-Jacques Rousseau
Check Out More: Top 50 Motivational Quotes
Because everyone needs a little help getting motivated sometimes, I put together 50 motivational quotes to help you get inspired! Also, if you’d like to see more videos like this, check out my YouTube channel!
5. Bertrand Russell Quote on Humanity
“Remember your humanity, and forget the rest.” – Bertrand Russell
6. “Education begins the gentleman, but reading, good company and reflection must finish him.” – John Locke
7. Lao Tzu Quote on Letting Go
“When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.” – Lao Tzu
8. “We can know only that we know nothing. And that is the highest degree of human wisdom.” – Leo Tolstoy
9. Carl Jung Quote on Who You Are
“You are what you do, not what you say you’ll do.” – Carl Jung
10. “To think is easy. To act is hard. But the hardest thing in the world is to act in accordance with your thinking.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
11. A potent quote from Søren Kierkegaard on Labels
“What labels me, negates me.” – Søren Kierkegaard
12. “I prefer liberty with danger than peace with slavery.” – Jean-Jacques Rousseau
13. Lao Tzu Quote on Knowing and Not Knowing
“He who knows, does not speak. He who speaks, does not know.” – Lao Tzu
14. “Unless you’re ashamed of yourself now and then, you’re not honest.” – William Faulkner
15. Fyodor Dostoyevsky Quote on Beauty
“Beauty will save the world.” – Fyodor Dostoyevsky
16. “Face the facts of being what you are, for that is what changes what you are.” – Søren Kierkegaard
17. Mark Twain Quote on the Most Important Day of Your Life
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” – Mark Twain
Follow Us on Pinterest and Help Us Grow!
Table Of Contents
- Fyodor Dostoyevsky Quote on Darkness
- Seneca Quote on Suffer
- YouTube Video: Top 50 Motivational Quotes
- Bertrand Russell Quote on Humanity
- Lao Tzu Quote on Letting Go
- Carl Jung Quote on Who You Are
- Søren Kierkegaard Quote on Labels
- Lao Tzu Quote on Knowing and Not Knowing
- Fyodor Dostoyevsky Quote on Beauty
- Mark Twain Quote on the Most Important Day of Your Life