I was lucky enough to find some short Alan Watts quotes, If you’re familiar with Alan Watts’ lectures, then you know that some of those quotes can be pages long!
Furthermore, it is nearly impossible to try to absorb all his teachings because his thoughts and questions lead you to more questions. Honestly, sometimes it can be overwhelming, so you might have to take it in small douses.
I still remember the first time I ever heard of Alan Watts and I was completely blown away! Because of that, I was up all night reading about him, listened to his lectures, and watched some of the inspirational Alan Watts videos on YouTube!
All in all, his thoughts will challenge you to look at things in a different way. Watts’ gives you a chance you see the world through the eyes of someone like Alan Watts. So, I put together these 17 Alan Watts quotes that are short, but will get you to start thinking!
Be Motivated By These Alan Watts Quotes!
1. Thought-Provoking Quote On Who You Are
“You are that vast thing that you see far, far off with great telescopes” – Alan Watts
2. Great Quote On The Source
“The source of all light is in the eye” – Alan Watts
3. Meaningful Quote On Solitude
“I owe my solitude to other people” – Alan Watts
4. Deep Quote On Concern For Others
“People become concerned with being more humble than other people” – Alan Watts
5. Thought-Provoking Quote on the Ego
“I find that the sensation of myself as an ego inside a bag of skin is really a hallucination” – Alan Watts
6. Deep Quote On Where We Come From
“We do not “come into” this world; we come out of it, as leaves from a tree” – Alan Watts
7. Great Quote On Humor And Knowledge
“Just as true humor is laughter at oneself, true humanity is knowledgeof oneself” – Alan Watts
8. Meaningful Quote On Who We Are
“I am what happens between the maternity ward and the Crematorium” – Alan Watts
Check Out: What Happens When You Only Pursue Pleasure?
This is a question that many people will never ask, so I found this great video of Alan Watts lecturing the question, what do you desire?
9. Great Quote On Love And Compassion
“The world is filled with love-play, from animal lust to sublime compassion” – Alan Watts
10. Deep Quote On Our Connection With The Universe
“You and I are all as much continuous with the physical universe as a wave is continuous with the ocean” – Alan Watts
11. Thought-Provoking Quote On Being Anxious
“One is a great deal less anxious if one feels perfectly free to be anxious, and the same may be said of guilt” – Alan Watts
12. Inspirational Alan Watts Quote On Love And Control
“Never pretend to a love which you do not actually feel, for love is not ours to command” – Alan Watts
13. Deep Alan Watts Quote On Acceptance
“The more a thing tends to be permanent, the more it tends to be lifeless” – Alan Watts
14. Great Alan Watts Quote On What’s Important In Life
“The menu is not the meal” – Alan Watts
15. Powerful Alan Watts Quote On Calming The Mind
“Muddy water is best cleared by leaving it alone” – Alan Watts
16. Meaningful Alan Watts Quote On Suffering
“Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun” – Alan Watts
17. Great Alan Watts Quote On Trying To Defining Yourself
“Trying to define yourself is like trying to bite your own teeth” – Alan Watts
Follow Us on Pinterest and Help Us Grow!
Table Of Contents
- Thought-Provoking Quote On Who You Are
- Great Quote On The Source
- Meaningful Quote On Solitude
- Deep Quote On Concern For Others
- Thought-Provoking Quote on the Ego
- Deep Quote On Where We Come From
- Great Quote On Humor And Knowledge
- Meaningful Quote On Who We Are
- YouTube Video: What Happens When You Only Pursue Pleasure?
- Great Quote On Love And Compassion
- Deep Quote On Our Connection With The Universe
- Thought-Provoking Quote On Being Anxious
- Inspirational Alan Watts Quote On Love And Control
- Deep Alan Watts Quote On Acceptance
- Great Alan Watts Quote On What’s Important In Life
- Powerful Alan Watts Quote On Calming The Mind
- Meaningful Alan Watts Quote On Suffering
- Great Alan Watts Quote On Trying To Defining Yourself